What Personal Information About Customers Does the Website gather?
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Website. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Financial Information: f you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
- Communications: If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback or if you use voice commands to shop on the Website, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Behavioural Information: If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behaviour, preferences, and other such information that you choose to provide.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
All information collected from your (including sensitive personal information) shall be referred to as the Information. By using or continuing to use the Website you agree to our use of the Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by us. in its discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring and sharing Information related to you with third parties or service providers for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information
- Provide services: We use Information to provide the services you request. We use your Information in handling and fulfilling orders, enhancing customer experience, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, help promote a safe service, collect money, measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates, customize and enhance your experience, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Analysis: In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we and our affiliates collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
- Diagnosis: We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- Surveys: We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for personal information, contact information, date of birth, demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level), attributes such as your interests, household or lifestyle information, your purchasing behaviour or history, preferences, and other such information that you may choose to provide.. We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
Does BEL share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. BEL shares customer information only as described below.
- Businesses associates We Do Not Control: We work closely with businesses associates. These businesses may be operating stores. We may provide services jointly with or on behalf of these businesses associates.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to the Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement: We may be required to share the aforesaid Information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for BEL to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
- Legal Process: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. BEL is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
International Transfer of Information Collected
To facilitate our operation, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence.
What Choices Do I Have?
We respect your rights and control over your Personal Data. You may exercise any of the following rights:
- opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
- Request access to the Information that we process about you,
- Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete Information about you,
- Request deletion of Information about you,
- Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all Information about you,
- Request transfer of Information to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated, and
- Opt-out or object to our use of Information about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to respond you within 30 days. If you decide to email us, in your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Information deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
For website order related - firstname.lastname@example.org
For service related - email@example.com
Phone - 022-41280000